We want you!
Do you have an interest in investing, entrepreneurship and startups? Would you like to learn how to invest, expand your network and gain valuable experience? Then the Dutch Student Investment Fund (DSIF) might be the right place for you! We are looking for passionate students who can help us run and grow the first student venture capital fund in the Netherlands!
Who can apply?
DISF is all about diversity and openness. That is why UT and Saxion students from various backgrounds and studies are welcome to apply. That way, we get a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to lead DSIF with creativity and expertise. We do not ask for previous affiliation or experience in finance, investment and venture capital. Any previous knowledge in this area is of course great. But for now, passion and willingness to learn will do!
What will you do?
As a member of DSIF you have a front-row seat to the entrepreneurial scene of Twente. You will be scouting for high-potential students startups, decide on investment moves, organize and visit events, connect and cooperate with organizations in Twente’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Depending on your interest, you will also have the possibility to do projects related to marketing, finance, portfolio management and external affairs. DSIF gives you all the freedom to turn creative ideas into new projects and help grow the fund further.
What do we offer?
DSIF offers you a unique opportunity to expand your horizons in the domain of venture capital investing and startups. The positions within the fund are flexible and can be full-time, part-time or project-based. We provide you with a solid network of partners that can be a valuable connection. This can for example be a partner that gives you trainings where you can learn more about investing. You will also get the chance to work on teamwork, organizational skills, time-management, communication…the options are limitless. At the end of the day, your time at DSIF is what you make of it!
How to apply?
1. Send us your motivation letter and CV (other documents such as a reference letter can also help). Tell us about yourself, what you would like to do in DSIF and why you are the person for the position.
2. After the screening process we will ask you to do a short assignment where you can get the feel of what venture capital investing is.
3. You will be invited to an interview with the current DSIF board to discuss your application. Most likely, this will be a video call due to the current circumstances surrounding Covid-19.
4. Once we have processed all applications, we will make a selection of candidate that we believe are the best fit with DSIF
5. Finally, we will start with a structured on-boarding process which will allow new members to familiarize with DSIF operations so that they can further lead the fund towards new heights.
Application deadline: 8th May!